Saturday 31 December 2016

Episode 12**A CHURCH GIRL'S TALE*

*Episode 12*

*A CHURCH GIRL'S TALE*

I sent a message to Bode immediately Mrs Williams left my room,informing him about the pregnancy. I expected his reply throughout the night,but he didn’t.

The next day was Sunday.I didn’t feel like going to church. I was too ashamed to see anybody’s face,though no one knew about it yet, besides The Williams. I imagined what would happen when the news went viral among church members that I was carrying Bode’s baby….having denied that I was in a relationship with him earlier..
Oh my God! How did i find
myself in this mess?.
Then i thought of my dad.
Eeeeh!.My dad!!.
He trusted me so much.
I was his pride,his angel,the apple of his eyes.
How would he take it?.
I have disappointed him.
And my two elder sisters.
None of them had a child before marriage,even Sis Tiwa
was still trusting God for d fruit of the womb then,its only Sis
Temi that had a baby girl,expecting d second one.
Oh!..I’ve disappointed many people.
And Bode’s mum?.Wouldn’t she think i lured her son to
sleep with me?.Wont she see me as a cheap girl?.

As i thought of these things,tears was flowing freely from my eyes. Mrs Williams came to tell me to get dressed for service. I told her i wasn’t feeling like going to church.
She said “okay,its fine. Just make sure u seek d face of
God for forgiveness,mercy and the way out.”
I said thank u ma.
They left.

I switched off my phone.
Then i started thinking again and again,weeping and
asking God for forgiveness.
I also prayed for His mercy and way out,as Mrs Williams
told me.
After the prayer,I put on my phone,and almost
immediately,Bode’s message came in. I read the message which went like this..”I was devastated by your message. I think the only solution is abortion. I thought about it through out the night and that i think its the only way out. I’m
very sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused you.”

I threw d phone on the bed.
I said to myself “how i wish it was that easy.” As a matter of fact,maybe i would have agreed with him, if this woman was not involved,but now, i just have to bear the
consequences: The shame,reproach,rejection and anything that comes from it.
I threw myself on the bed, covered my mouth with a pillow and screamed into it.
JESUS!.JESUS!!..Pls have mercy on me….this is too much for me.

While doing this, i heard the Pastor’s car moving into the
compound. I quickly got up, wiped my face and pretended to be fine. Soon Pastor Mrs was in the room.
“How was your day my dear”.
“I was praying ma”.
“And weeping at the same time”. She said, smiling.
I didn’t answer.
I showed her Bode’s message.
She read it n said “i knew it. I knew that would be his
option.”

Then she sat beside me on the bed,hugged me n said “Listen
my darling,there’s nothing new under heaven. Many people have gone through this route before,and many will still go through it. I’m sure if not for divine intervention,you could have considered abortion as Bode suggested. But sometimes we offend God while trying not to offend man. Don’t use sin to cover sin. God is the Ultimate. Once He has forgiven you, it
doesn’t matter if anybody doesn’t. Now,i will tell you the story of my own life.”

What did she say……?

Continues in episode 13

No comments:

Post a Comment

History and Life... Wike: Stop Watering Your 2023 Ambition With the Blood of Igbo Youths 😭😭

Wike: Stop Watering Your 2023 Ambition With the Blood of Igbo Youths 😭😭 By Chidiebere Nwobodo  I am not a fan of Nnamdi Kanu n...