Saturday 17 December 2016

SERVANTS BE MINDFUL ABOUT YOUR VISION"

SERVANTS BE MINDFUL ABOUT YOUR VISION"
One aspect of Delilah that broke my guard was her food!  ‘Delicious’ was an understatement when it comes to her dishes...  as soon as she came, my fasting life died!  The grace of fasting just dissipated.  At 6.00am, she woke me up with a cup of cold juice, then followed with ‘fries’ – it could be fried chicken, fried turkey; fried goat meat; fried fish, fried snails and other bush meat from their country home of Gaza. Her service was another thing!  She never delegated my food to house girls, she brought it herself:  She never served me standing.  She went on her two knees and pulled me by the ear with the pet name she coined for me: “Sam, the Great”...  “Great is my Samson”! I also responded with “Del, the Den” My head swells up any time she tickles me with her finger and whispers “Sam, the Great”, but my heart shrinks.  Some measure of anointing just drop off my spirit... She perfected my drinking spree, she never rushed me to finish a bottle. She knows how to mix different grill of wine. She served me sip by sip; “sip by sip’,  I wouldn’t know when I have finished five bottles.  She had all the time.  She gave me full time attention!  I never begged her for sex. She satisfied me to the full.  I was the one who usually begged her to release me.  I had no need to go out any more. She was never boring! She changed her dresses like chameleon, with assorted perfumes. As soon as I married Delilah, I was also a full time ‘househusband’.   I never went for raids any more.  You know before now, despite my backsliding; these were occasions when the Spirit will remind me of my call: and  my call was to kill and route out the Philistines from our Father’s land.  I will just jump up and go furiously looking for any Philistine’s camp to raid.  That was my own form of  evangelism. All of this finished for me.  I began to actually cherish the Philistines.  I reasoned: ‘why should we insist they leave the land?’ I began to propose a co-existence with these uncircumcised. Besides, I had put on so much weight that I could not carry myself easily about again.  I had no disciple to send or any army that I have raised and taught the principles of warfare.  I did not transfer the anointing to anyone.  I was a loner.  I was alone, now trapped between the breast and the lap of ‘Del, the Den’. When I proposed that we should have children, Delilah objected, saying the honeymoon had not finished; besides Children will interrupt our “love play” too early.  Little did I know she was planning to cut me short out of the land of the living.  That was why I had no descendant or do you know any of my sons that I gave birth to? My father’s name perished in Israel with me.  I squandered my father’s inheritance,  I left no next of kin.  I was a useless son to my father and my cherished mother Manoah’s name had since been forgotten in our tribe of Dan... Delilah occupied me so much, I forgot my calling; I lost my vision and  I lost contact with my people.  None of them could visit me while Delilah was around, she stood at the gate and told them I was sleeping and none should disturb me. She cut me off from all who would have reinforced my life in fellowship; all who would have prayed with me, she estranged me from!  She got me isolated from my roots. the so occupied me with vanities,........
to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

History and Life... Wike: Stop Watering Your 2023 Ambition With the Blood of Igbo Youths 😭😭

Wike: Stop Watering Your 2023 Ambition With the Blood of Igbo Youths 😭😭 By Chidiebere Nwobodo  I am not a fan of Nnamdi Kanu n...