Saturday 31 December 2016

Episode 8**A CHURCH GIRLS TALE

*Episode 8*

*A CHURCH GIRLS TALE*

After the action,  I locked the door behind him and started weeping. I wept till my
eyeballs turned red and my head began to ache. I was confused, I didn’t know what to do, I was just weeping. I couldn’t even pray, I never thought I could do such a thing. i thought I was strong enough to stand. Oh my
God!…How wrong I was!!.

The next day was Friday, I couldn’t go to school. I had headache, so I called my HOD to inform her I would be
absent. She promised to tell the Principal and wished me quick recovery. I couldn’t attend d burial nor singing practise on Saturday, I just locked myself up in my room and was weeping from time
to time.

On Sundays, I was unusually absent from church. Some choir members came to check on me after service. They met me under my blanket, shivering. Now I had developed emergency fever.
One of them quickly called Pastor Williams who rushed down to my place with his wife.

They took me to the health centre. I was treated on
malaria, given some drugs and injection, and was told to come on Monday and Tuesday to complete the injection.

The Williams brought me back home and asked if I wouldn’t mind to go with them to their place, so I wouldn’t be the only one at home, I declined. So, they left after praying for me.

I slept off and woke up late in the night. Now I felt like eating
something. I looked at my phone, it was 11.17pm.
I got up, ate bread with fruit juice and went back to bed.
I couldn’t sleep. I was turning from right to left, left to right
on the bed. Again, I remembered *“Let him that thinketh he standeth take heed, lest he fall”* I started weeping again. I thought I was standing, now I have fallen. I so much trusted myself, I was so careless. I opened my mouth and began to pray “Lord, Forgive me….have
mercy on me….”

I didn’t even know when I slept off. When I woke up, I knew I had a dream in which I saw Pastor Mrs Williams talking to me, but I couldn’t remember a single word out of everything she said.

As I was trying to recollect what she was telling me in the
dream, I heard a gentle voice in my spirit, "Go and open up
to her" ….
“Ahhhh!.How on earth would I be able to do that? I cant
Lord!.I cant!!.”.

I didn’t hear the voice again, at least at that moment.

The next thing I heard was a knock on my door.
“Who is that?”..I spoke softly.
I didn’t hear any response from the other end.
I moved to the door, unlocked it, and opened.Guess who was standing there.

Watch out for Episode 9

No comments:

Post a Comment

History and Life... Wike: Stop Watering Your 2023 Ambition With the Blood of Igbo Youths 😭😭

Wike: Stop Watering Your 2023 Ambition With the Blood of Igbo Youths 😭😭 By Chidiebere Nwobodo  I am not a fan of Nnamdi Kanu n...