Saturday 31 December 2016

Episode 7**A CHURCH GIRL'S TALE

*Episode 7*

*A CHURCH GIRL'S TALE*

It was Bode that woke me up the following morning. He told me his dad’s burial had been for the next weekend, and there’s no money. He told me how his dad’s family members started blaming his mum for not giving them adequate information about his dad’s
illness before the old man eventually passed away.

All these stories made me love the woman more. At last, he decided to go. I saw him off to the door, and he suddenly
turned back, hugged me and gave me a peck.

I came back to the room, and started thinking of how I could help Bode and his mum concerning the burial. The only source I had was my dad, but I wasn’t sure he would even send money again this month ending as I was having a feeling he sent the last one because of my birthday. But then, I wouldn’t be able to wait till the end of the month, to know if he would send money or not, as the burial was fixed for 29th April. So, then what can I do oooo?.
“Oh Yes!..I have an idea. I will call my dad that I need money. But what if he asked what I needed it for, what would I say?.. “I will tell him somebody is sick and that the doctor said he needs surgery, but there’s no money, so, I wish I could render any little
assistance within my reach…Can you be of help sir?”.

That was exactly what I did.
He said “Who is this sick person?”. “It’s one of d ‘corpers’ sir”…I lied. “Ok. Since it’s something that has to do with life, I will try and send
any amount I can between now and tomorrow. My regards to him. We’ll also remember him in our prayers”.
“Thank you dad. Love you sir.” I hung up.

Then, my conscience pricked me gently “You just told a lie!.. How disappointed would your dad be if he found out!.” I felt bad, but I quickly consoled myself by a thought “what
could I have done?. How would he know?.Who will tell him?..he cant know!.”
Almost immediately, I was relieved.

I expected an alert from d bank throughout that day, to no avail, the following day too, no alert, but on d third day, I received an alert of 50,000naira. Wow!.

I quickly called Bode after withdrawing the money, to come and meet me at home after school hours, by then, it was just two days to the burial, 7th April. When he got to my room, I said “How much have you been able to get now for the burial?.”
He sai, "nothing", that his mum’s sister who promised to send an amount of money last week failed, but just received a message from her that morning that she would send 4,000naira. I opened my bag and gave him the 50,000 naira my dad sent.

He opened his mouth and couldn’t shut it. He held me very tightly, kissed me and before we both knew, we were both caressing each other!. Initially, I was somehow  hesitant and uncomfortable, but it became more engaging and joyful with time. By the time I realised,  we were both naked but the real deed had not been committed yet. As I laid on the bed, a thought came to mind saying,  " Sewa,  how can you do this, remember your vows and how people respect you, remember your holiness and spirituality,  remember your family background,  remember your big dreams, are you sacrificing all on the alter of sexual gratification,  Sewa, remember your virginity,  your honour". As these thoughts rushed through my mind within a millisecond,  I made efforts to stand up,  dress and drive that foolish boy away. But almost immediately,  a different thought came to mind saying,  " Ah Sewa,  you've been a virgin from birth,  this might be your only opportunity to test if the joy they talk about sex is really true. You might get it from nowhere if you let this go. Just try it.  No one was really a virgin before they married,  they lie, they all tried it first". This later thought crippled my conscience,  I had no desire to resist again. By the time I came to my full senses,  the first thrust was being made. It was painful at first but it subsided and became more accommodating with time. After about fifteen minutes,  the deed had been done. I heard Bode crying and saying, "Sis Sewa, I am sorry, I never intended this,  forgive me", still sobbing." I couldn't talk for the shame was too much for me than it was for him, I had covered my head in shame.  He quickly dressed,  took the money and sped off.

I felt really bad,  one, because I have lost my virginity in a short period of about fifteen minutes,  two,  because he took the money,  as if I have paid him to have sex with me. In about a period of five hours,  I was blaming myself, hitting my hands and head on anything I find.
But who is to blame?

Watch out for Episode 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

History and Life... Wike: Stop Watering Your 2023 Ambition With the Blood of Igbo Youths 😭😭

Wike: Stop Watering Your 2023 Ambition With the Blood of Igbo Youths 😭😭 By Chidiebere Nwobodo  I am not a fan of Nnamdi Kanu n...