Saturday 31 December 2016

Episode 3**A CHURCH GIRL'S TALE*

*Episode 3*

*A CHURCH GIRL'S TALE*

Daddy did not give me money that day. He was so pissed with me, it was mommy that gave me transport fare and a stipend which I managed till January allowance was paid.
Thank God for the foodstuff I took with me from home, I would have learnt a wonderful lesson from hunger.

On getting back to Oyan, Bode was still around because there was no money for him to return to school. I told him what I went through because of him, and even then, I wasn't sure if my dad would send me money again as usual, so i couldn't give him money.
He felt sorry for me, and told me he would source for money elsewhere. I didn't know how he did it,but he went back to school the following week.

Soon there was a rumour among the choir members that something was going on between Bode and me. Before I knew it, it had become viral
among church members.

One Sunday morning, Pastor Mrs Williams sent somebody to tell me she would like to see me after service. I wasn't myself throughout the service. I kept thinking "what did i do? Why does she want to see me?"....Anyway, I said to myself, "if it's because of
Bode, there's nothing between us, and that is just what i will tell her....Period!." I didn't hear anything in church that day, I was already devastated by the rumour going on, and this?....

Finally, the service was over. I found myself sitting next to Pastor Mrs Williams on a three-seater sofa inside the pastor's office.
"Good afternoon ma"
"How are u my dear?."
"I'm fine ma."
"I know you would be wondering why I wanted to see you.".said Mrs Williams".
"Yes ma". I answered.
She continued...".It's about a rumour going on in the church. Can you please shed more light on the relationship between you and Bode?".
"Ma, Bode is like a younger brother to me, nothing more. Believe me ma. I only render assistance to him whenever he's in need and that has even stopped now." I told her.
Anyways, I've denied it on your behalf. I only wanted to confirm from you, because the very first day I set my eyes on you, I knew you came
from a christian home, and I have no doubt in my spirit that you are well trained..but then, *I want you to be very careful because there is power in tongues.* *Don't give the devil any chance at all, and don't trust yourself* If you see or hear a child of God saying " I trust myself, I can never commit sin"..then, you have heard or seen someone at the verge of falling.
So, please, be very careful and the Lord shall help you In Jesus Name.
I said "Thank u ma", and left the office.

As I was going home, I was telling myself "Now, I really need to be very careful....though there was nothing between us really, but how could anybody think I could be dating a boy about the same age with Oyindamola..our second to the last born? not even the one next to me!..Well, I just need to be
careful!"

Watch out for episode 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

History and Life... Wike: Stop Watering Your 2023 Ambition With the Blood of Igbo Youths 😭😭

Wike: Stop Watering Your 2023 Ambition With the Blood of Igbo Youths 😭😭 By Chidiebere Nwobodo  I am not a fan of Nnamdi Kanu n...