Tuesday 6 December 2016

FORBIDDEN LOVE EPISODE 1

It's interesting *FORBIDDEN LOVE*
*EPISODE 1*
 Image result for FORBIDDEN LOVE
“Welcome uncle Sam!!!!” I screamed as I hugged
him after opening the door. “How are you, my
dear?”, he had replied. Uncle sam was one of my
favourite uncles. He would bring a lot of gifts for
me and my sister whenever he came for visits. He
would take us out and spend time with us. Some
people even started calling him our second father
because of the relationship he had with us. He
was my father’s only brother. He wasn’t married
even though he was about twenty-six years old,
but he lived a comfortable lifestyle alone in a very
fine bungalow. On the other hand, I lived with my
parents, my sister, Esther and the house help,
Francis who we usually called Frank.
Image result for FORBIDDEN LOVE
‘Where is your sister?” Uncle Sam asked. “She is
sleeping”, I replied. “And your parents?”, he asked
further. “They’re out”, I replied again. “And Where
is Frank?”, “Uncle Sam, it seems like you missed
everyone oo, this one you’re asking about them
like this?” I replied. “Eh! Yes! yes, I did. So where
is Frank?”, He kept asking so I told him he went
out with my parents. Immediately I said so, he
smiled. “So we are the only ones around?”, He
said. “Yes and Esther”. He moved from behind the
couch where he had been standing and sat on the
couch. 
 Image result for FORBIDDEN LOVE
“Meso!!!” He called my nickname just as
everyone did. “Yes, uncle Sam”. “I’ve told you to
be calling me Sam, not uncle Sam, you know I’m
not as old as your Father”, he said as he winked
at me. “But uncle Sam, you know mama will slap
me when she hears me say your name without
adding the uncle before it”, I argued. “Oya, call
me by my name only when we are alone”, he said
and I nodded in response. I asked him what he
had brought for us this time. 
 Image result for FORBIDDEN LOVE
He simply gestured
his hands for me to sit beside him. I skipped
happily as I sat down close to him. He gave me
the fancy looking bag that he had been holding
and I collected it immediately, excited to see what
was inside. I removed the first item my hand was
able to grasp. It was a nice looking blouse, I
smiled when I saw it, but he said it was for my
sister so I reached into the bag to grab something
else. 
 Image result for FORBIDDEN LOVE
This time, I grabbed a blouse again, this one
even fancier than the first. He said it was for my
sister again. This happened for two more rounds
until I spoke up. “Uncle Sam, this bag is already
getting slimmer oo”, I squeezed my face, but he
insisted that I keep checking so I reached for
another Item and this time, It didn’t feel the same
as the other items I had reached for. Some parts
of this item had soft spots while the other parts
had a harder spot. I squeezed my face as I
brought out the item. Behold it was a bra. 
 Image result for FORBIDDEN LOVE
I looked puzzled when I saw this, but uncle Sam
just smiled at me and said, “They told me that
you are now a big girl so I just decided to buy this
one since that is what big girls wear”. Indeed, my
adolescence stage was running ahead of me as I
had started growing breasts and seeing my
monthly flow just at the age of eleven, but I was
just surprised that my uncle would get bras and
panties for me. I was happy that I could add to
my collection from the ones my mum got for me,
but I felt very embarrassed because even my
father had never had to buy girly things like this
for me. 
Image result for FORBIDDEN LOVE
My mother was always the one who took
care of the female issues. I slowly muttered a
‘thank you’ before he said “So, go and try them,
let me see”. I looked at him in confusion and said.
‘Ahh, Sam I can’t wear these ones in front of you
oo”. He just laughed and said that I shouldn’t be
shy because he even remembers carrying me
naked in his arms when I was a baby. I only used
my hands to hide my face from embarrassment
but I didn’t try them on. While I was about to
leave with the gifts he got for us, he held my
hands and pulled me back.
Image result for FORBIDDEN LOVE
 “There is one last
thing you haven’t opened”, he said as he handed
me another fancy looking bag, but this one was
way smaller. I smiled and collected it with
excitement as I dug in to find out what it was. My
eyes almost fell out when I saw it was a brand
new phone still in its pack and a sim card. I
screamed and screamed with excitement as he
laughed at my joy. I always wanted a phone but
my parents always told me I was still too young to
be using one. Even though I told them that my
classmates already had phones they still insisted
that I wait until I was a bit older. 
Image result for FORBIDDEN LOVE
“Uncle Sam,
thank you! thank you!”, I blurted out as I hugged
him but he squeezed his face instead of smiling
with me. “Uncle Sam, did I say something wrong”,
I asked but he squeezed his face even more
before he opened up. “Haven’t I told you to stop
calling me Uncle Sam? Call me Sam or don’t talk
to me again oo”, he squeezed his face, giving me
the baby attitude. I nodded in agreement and said
I was sorry before he smiled at me.
The bell rang and I dashed out to see who was at
the door, my parents and Frank had returned
from her outing. “Daddy good evening, mummy
good evening!” I said as I opened the door for
them to come in. “Ehen, my dear. How are you?
Where is Esther?” my mum asked. “Mummy, I’m
fine and Esther is sleeping. Uncle Sam is around
and you will not believe what he bought for us” I
replied. They all smiled when I said so. 
 Image result for FORBIDDEN LOVE
I helped them with the things they bought and placed
them on the kitchen counter as most of the items
were kitchen tools and food items. As we entered
the sitting room, I quickly ran to show them my
new phone with excitement but they were busy
greeting each other until my mum spoke out,
“Meso, this your phone is fine, it is even finer
than my own but wait oo, you know you can’t
start using a phone now right”. I whined and
squeezed my face, trying to protest before uncle
Sam cut in. “Ahh aunty, leave Meso alone oo, she
is now a big girl, many of her mates are now
using phones sef”. I looked at my dad and gave
him the signal to help me plead before he
nodded in agreement that I should be allowed to
have a phone. 
Image result for FORBIDDEN LOVE
I was so excited that I ran to my
room with the gifts uncle Sam got for me and my
sister without even showing them the other
things he got for us. By the time I got into my
room where I share with my sister, she was
already awake. My sister who was four years
younger than me liked to have the same thing I
had so I knew she would go ask for hers when I
show her my new phone. Like I imagined, she
jumped up happily when I told her uncle Sam
was around but ran out to ask for her own phone
when I showed her mine. Uncle Sam simply told
her that she would get hers when she becomes
my age. 
Image result for FORBIDDEN LOVE
I felt really happy because I started
seeing myself as a big girl. After a few hours,
around past nine in the night, uncle Sam came to
our room to say goodnight. He came and sat on
our bed before he started speaking to us. He told
us that we should always call him whenever we
wanted something or needed help and that since
I now had a phone, I shouldn’t hesitate to contact
him everyday. He hugged us, kissed our
foreheads and said he loved us before going out
through the door.
That night, I set up my phone and left it to charge
for a while before taking it with me to my bed. My
sister had already killed my ears with “I’ll be
playing games on your phone now”. I smiled at
my Nokia 3310 and closed my eyes to go to sleep
before a message came in. And it read:
Image result for FORBIDDEN LOVE
“My princess, I hope you like this new gift I got
for you. Like I said before, don’t hesitate to
contact me when you need anything okay? And
dial this code on your phone so that you can be
credited with five hundred naira.
*222*12347781736282#  Goodnight. I love you”.
I smiled at my phone before falling as[truncated by WhatsApp]

No comments:

Post a Comment

History and Life... Wike: Stop Watering Your 2023 Ambition With the Blood of Igbo Youths 😭😭

Wike: Stop Watering Your 2023 Ambition With the Blood of Igbo Youths 😭😭 By Chidiebere Nwobodo  I am not a fan of Nnamdi Kanu n...